A great location
Cuckoo Down Farm is set in unspoilt Devon countryside with majestic oak trees, rolling hills and wildflowers. It is a great location for a beach holiday as it lies just six miles inland from the World Heritage Jurassic Coast with safe, family-friendly beaches at Sidmouth, Exmouth, Beer and Branscombe.
Cuckoo Down Farm is easily reached as it is just 15 minutes’ drive from the M5 at Junction 29, as well as 10 minutes from the A30 at the Daisymount junction.
Here are some average journey times to Cuckoo Down Farm
Calculated by The AA:
- From Central London: 3 hours 18 minutes
- From Birmingham: 2 hours 48 minutes
- From Bristol: 1 hour 35 minutes
- From Guildford: 2 hours 45 minutes
And some average distances for days out from the farm (calculated by The AA)
- Sidmouth beach and pretty Regency town: 23 minutes
- Exmouth beach – huge, sandy, dog-friendly in parts: 23 minutes
- Branscombe beach (National Trust): 32 minutes
- Beer beach and gorgeous village: 32 minutes
- Haldon Forest for off road cycling and Go Ape treetop challenge: 23 minutes
- Exeter – shopping, museum, cathedral, eating out, Clip n Climb, Haven Banks kayaking: 26 minutes
- The Donkey Sanctuary (and a great café): 22 minutes
- Killerton – National Trust house and gardens: 23 minutes
- Crealy Adventure Park for fun rides, petting zoo and cafes: 14 minutes
- Pennywell Farm (petting zoo and mini farm animals): 39 minutes
- Topsham for quirky shops, cute cafes and historic architecture: 20 minutes
We could go on… but you get the picture. As well as being in the most tranquil and beautiful setting, Cuckoo Down Farm is incredibly convenient for fabulous beaches and memorable days out.