What to bring
This is an easy-going holiday where you don’t need to pack too much equipment or extra luggage. Essentially you just need to bring yourselves and your clothes.
You will need:
- Outdoorsy clothes and footwear
- Wellies (even in good weather, the dew on the grass in the morning can be damp in the summertime) and you’re never too old for a paddle in the stream
- Waterproof coats, just in case
- Warm clothes/lots of layers, in case of chilly evenings
- Beach towels (and swimming costumes)
- Extra rugs/blankets for outdoor evenings around the campfire
- A torch
You might also like to bring:
- Outdoor games such as football, cricket or rounders
- Kids’ bikes for cycling around the seven-acre glamping field
- Stand-up paddleboards for trips to the nearby coast (or you can hire some at Sidmouth beach from Jurassic Paddleboards)
- Walking/running kit for outdoor fitness and fun
- Your favourite books and board games (although we do provide a selection)
Sweet Pea Yurt has one double bed and two double sofa beds, sleeping up to four adults or a family of six with children sharing beds. It also has its own shower, loo, kitchen, camp fire and hot tub. A wood burning stove keeps it cosy and warm.
The safari tents can each sleep up to six adults. There is a bedroom with a double bed, a bedroom with two single beds and a double sofa bed in the main living area. Safari tents also have a woodburning stove, hot tub (wood-fired), shower, loo, kitchen and large covered veranda. There is a campfire for toasting marshmallows and beautiful countryside views.
Yes we provide Weber barbecues, charcoal, tools and a stainless steel bbq table.
We provide a net of logs and a net of kindling in your welcome pack. Additional logs are available to buy onsite.
We provide all bedlinen and towels, included in the booking price.
They are fresh and pleasant, thanks to being regularly topped up with pine woodshavings. You use them like a normal toilet but instead of flushing, you throw down a scoop of woodshavings. Each loo has a basin with running water. Each tent has its own compost loo, just behind the tent in its own little building.
All glamping tents have their own individual showers. Our safari tents have their own individual shower rooms within the tents themselves. There is also a private shower room just beside Sweet Pea Yurt.
Yes, we have fridges in the facilities barn, one for each tent. Each tent also has a large coolbox. You can swap freezer blocks over from a small freezer in the facilities barn to keep your food cool.
We provide a washing machine and tumble dryer in the barn free of charge, as well as clothes airers if you would like to hang out clothes to dry.
Yes! We offer pony rides to small visitors on our pony Ebony, who can carry children up to four stone and from the age of about three. We also offer the chance to meet and feed other fam animals and collect eggs.
A stay at Cuckoo Down Farm is a great opportunity for children to have lots of active fun in the fresh air. Children must be supervised by adults at all times.